Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX 501 Route Issue

jonbrum1110
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I have a Pix 501.  Am trying to change the outside route and keep getting an error.  Could someone please help.  As far as I can tell my syntax is correct but here's what happens

PIX-501(config) # route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 50.109.164.109 1

cannot add route entry.  possible conflict wtih existing routes

The internet provider for this remote location changed the IP address which is what started this process.

Could someone please help me and show me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AllertGen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Jon.

Cisco PIX/ASA can't has two or more similar routes with the same metric. So at first you need to find current default route by command "sh run | i 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" and delete it with command "no route otside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ...." ("no" part at the start of configuration lin is deleting this line of configuration). And after this you need add new default route.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AllertGen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Jon.

Cisco PIX/ASA can't has two or more similar routes with the same metric. So at first you need to find current default route by command "sh run | i 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" and delete it with command "no route otside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ...." ("no" part at the start of configuration lin is deleting this line of configuration). And after this you need add new default route.

Best Regards.

Thank you very much!  That worked.

I was trying to overwrite it and that's what I was doing wrong.

Thanks again for your help...jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card