Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco QSFP to 10G SFP-SR compatibility

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Team,

I need your advise if we can connect Cisco Nexus 3K or 9K Switch with QSFP 40G uplink to 4x10G SFP-SR on the Cisco 4506-E Switch ?

Please let me know if this is supported ?

Regards,

Farhan.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

if you use the Cisco QSFP to Four SFP+ Active Optical Breakout Cables, your setup should work.

Check Figure 4 in the attached document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-660083.html

Hi Gerog,

Thanks for your response.

I have two X2-10GB-SR= modules installed in Sup 6E of Cisco 4506-E. I have 2x 4506-E which means I have a total of 2x 10GB transceiver per 4506-E.

Now I need to know if this optical break out cable work with this scenario. QSFP to 10G-SR ?

Regards,

Farhan,

Hello,

which QSFP do you have ? There are various types, e.g. QSFP-40G-CSR4, QSFP-40G-SR4,  The X2-10GB-SR has SC Duplex connectors. You can basically connect anything to anything, with converters or patchleads.

Hi Georg,

I am planning to purchase the QSFP. Can you please guide me which will work in this scenario and connect to X2-10GB-SR conveniently ?

Regards,

Farhan

Hello,

better get with your reseller. You need to look at the things like distance requirements and fiber modes, I cannot make hardware purchase recommendations...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: