Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco router 1812 cdp neighbor issue

a.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

im facing an unfamiliar issue with router 1812, and don't know if it was an issue or not, but it does not make any sence.

the router has ports fastethernet 0 and 1, and on switch card ports fastethernet 2-9.

port 0 is configured as point-to-point with the service provider with the IP x.x.x.66 .

when typing show cdp neighbor details, it shows that the router is connected to a 1812 ( the router itself ) with the same IP address of the point to point ( x.x.x.66), on port fa 2 on both sides, despite that port fa 2 is physically not connected !

in other words, the router sees itself on port fa 2.

how could that be possible ?!

any help understanding this case please ?

5 Replies 5

Hi

You are right, that does not make sense, it could be a bug, have you tried to clear the CDP table?

clear cdp table 

Hope it fix the problem.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

yes i tried, but no hope.
also i tried shut/no shut commands also with no hope.

Hi

I think you are using CDP version 2. Have you restarted the router?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

no actually not yet, it's critical to reload the router.

I understand,

Try

no cdp run

cdp run

no cdp advertise-v2

cdp advertise-v2

and then

clear cdp table

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card