cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TFTP

jason.poon
Level 1
Level 1

Strange thing. wanna start TFTP and it says cannot initailize... socket error... cannot exactly remember the exact phrase. wld you please advise wat is wrong. did re-install it over and over again. nthng helps!

6 Replies 6

Hello,

are you having problems with the Cisco TFTP server ? If so, be aware that the Cisco TFTP server tool is officially not supported anymore (since quite a while) because of many bugs and problems, you might want to try the Solarwinds TFTP Server:

Solarwinds TFTP Server

http://www.solarwinds.net/Tools/Free_tools/TFTP_Server/index.htm

Regarding the error message, I remember seeing a similar one during bootup, you can get rid of it by typing ´no service config´...not sure if that applies to your situation.

Regards,

GP

Thx. But i think this has nothing to do with the Router. Itz just that I cannot start the TFTP Session on my computer. it says "tftp cannot initialize............(Socket Error)"

I hv the abv tool as well. But I cannot use it, not sure if it is due to the Cisco TFTP

Pls comment!

Hello Jason,

which OS are you using on your computer ? Can you check if anything in your network is blocking UDP port 69 (this is the port usually used by TFTP)?

Regards,

GP

Windows XP hv to check on the port rite. will do that when i get back to the office tmr. thanks again

Hi Jason,

Also check the default firewall settings which is there on windows xp. But the message which is coming can also be due to tftp server itself.

If there is no firewall working on your xp just try to uninstall and install the tftp server fresh

Regards,

Ankur

nv mind, hv to re-install XP anyway!

hv tons of garbage on it hv to do it as well

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card