cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client to site RV160 router *WITHOUT* using AnyConnect?

Hammarlund09228
Level 1
Level 1

I would love to use Anyconnect but it looks like I may only be able to buy it in a pack of 25... and I only need 2 (if by user) or 5 (if by device.)  That's a lot of wasted money.

So I'm trying to figure out if I should keep my brand new RV router, or should return it.  Any other ideas?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

in that Case buy ASA  it come with 2 user free.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hammarlund09228
Level 1
Level 1
What's "ASA"?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

instead of buying new device you an use ASA FW (in place of RV model to buy a license).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hammarlund09228
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if this is correct.  All of the information I have seen suggests that even the ASAs include either a severely time-limited license or an otherwise-restricted license which is not useful.

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hammarlund,

Yes, there are different options for Client to Site VPN on the RV160.  IPSec VPN client and OpenVPN are two good options supported on that router.  I would recommend opening a case to assist with setting this up, if needed.

Thanks,

Brandon

I am able to set up OpenVPN and download the config file; I am able to import it and initiate the connection. 

In case anyone else has this issue: I first got an error regarding "fragment directive not supported"."  That seems to involve an internal conflict between the normal OpenVPN Windows client (which does NOT support fragment directives) and the config file generated by the RV160 (which lists "fragment 0", thereby crashing OpenVPN client even though the directive is "don't use fragments".)  I resolved that by using a text editor to remove the offending line from the config file and re-importing into OpenVPN. 

Now I am past that.  But I am still getting an authentication error with the users I created.  In fact, I'm getting the same authentication error even when I use the master admin router username and PW--and that login, of course, has full access to everything.

Any tips?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card