Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Internet WAN and Corporate WAN on Cisco 2960 XR

hanindhito
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am newbie to Cisco Switch. I have attached current simplified network topology in my office.

My office is currently using Cisco Catalyst 2960 XR (10.1.6.2). There is a VSAT Modem (10.1.6.1) that is the main gateway to a corporate WAN. VSAT connection is primarily used for data acquisition from my office to the headquarter office. The current configuration is colored in blue and it is pretty much simple, not much configuration for the switch itself.

I want to connect new DSL modem to serve as internet gateway at my office. Therefore, I want to keep all of the traffic to 10.1.x.x to be directed via VSAT Modem and forward all of internet request to the DSL modem. Let say, I want to connect the DSL modem (192.168.1.1) to the port 24 on Cisco Catalyst 2960 XR and setting a new VLAN for this port. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Hi

Please correct me If im wrong, you want to connect to DSL modem to the port 24 on your Cisco 2960x an assign a vlan to it  right?

Also get Internet access through that connection, is that correct? well first at all, verify if you switch can run a NAT and routing, you can check this configuring:

conf t

ip routing 

and for the NAT

try to configure just for testing purposes:

interface vlan 1
ip nat inside

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card