Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring new serial int

Hello,

I have posted on here a few times before and you guys have been very helpful. So here goes!

I have an existing Cisco 2621XM. It is connected to an external DSU via an ehternet crossover cable. I am about to get another T1 into the building from the same ISP but on a new DSU. I plan to buy 2 WIC-1T interfaces and use them to connect to both the DSUs. The DSUs are Adtran 608. They have v.35 interfaces. So, I relise this is asking a lot but could anyone help me with the best way to configure my router to use this config? I am a complete newb when it comes to Cisco and though I can use the command line and change settings, I have no idea about the best way to do this.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Paul

35 Replies 35

Hello again Paresh.

So, how do I obtain the new IOS? I do not have a service contract with Cisco. Is it possible to buy it?

Thank you.

Paul

You should certainly be able to purchase. People with service contracts can just download it from CCO.

I would speak to the Cisco dealer on how to go about doing so as I don't think you can purchase it directly from Cisco without a Direct Purchasing Agreement.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

I have contacted one of our suppliers and they can supply the IOS for us. I am somewhat confused as to which one I need to order. I am looking at Cisco part no. CD26XM-IPB=. Its description is Cisco 2600 Ser IOS IP BASE Feature Pack.

Is that one going to do it for us? If not, which one should I go for?

BTW, my new T1 was installed friday and I received the WIC-1T this morning. I am waiting on the cable and shoudl be good to go today. I am sure I will need more of your excellent help!!

Thank you.

Paul

Hi Paul,

You need at least 12.3(8)T with at least the IP Voice feature set....

You might also want to start another thread coz this one is getting way too long :-)

Pls do rememeber to rate posts that have helped.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

Not sure why I need the voice portion of the set? I do not use voice....are the commands I need part of that feature set?

Once I need to ask more tech questions (as I am sure I will) I will start a new thread....

Thanks.

The feature is not include in the IP Base image, you need at least IP Voice, even though you don't need the other IP Voice features....

Paresh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card