Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect different networks with RIP

map96
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, 

My project contains five different networks and my task is to connect them via RIP. Each network has a PC connected to it. My goal is to be able to ping every PC from each PC. I've already tried to add the different network addresses to Router > Config > RIP but that wasnt very sucessful. I uploaded my project so you can take a lot at it (not really sure how to describe this issue so hopefully that will help).

I'm pretty new to this topic so please be nice to me :D

Thanks, 

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @map96 

I found two details in your exercise.
1-You have several interfaces with the same ip.
I suggest you check that the ip indicated in your exercise is the one that corresponds to the one configured in the router interface.

123.jpg

2-RIPv1 assigns the netmask according to the configured network class.
If you are going to occupy networks of the same class, but with different masks, I suggest you use RIP version 2.

I suggest you enter the CLI tab of each router and add these commands in the RIP configuration.

123.jpg

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @map96 

I found two details in your exercise.
1-You have several interfaces with the same ip.
I suggest you check that the ip indicated in your exercise is the one that corresponds to the one configured in the router interface.

123.jpg

2-RIPv1 assigns the netmask according to the configured network class.
If you are going to occupy networks of the same class, but with different masks, I suggest you use RIP version 2.

I suggest you enter the CLI tab of each router and add these commands in the RIP configuration.

123.jpg

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card