Views
Helpful
Replies

connect together two modem

Peter Szabo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to ask, if it is possible with one of cisco switch/device to connect together two network(two modem). Our configuration is: we have two Arris modem with two separate network each modem has its own coax cable. My question is how can we setup this system so the internet work like we have the full bandwidth from the two network in one system.  In this place we have the maximum internet speed but its don't enough and we want to buy a second contract from our ISP and somehow connect together so our internet speed will be doubled. And please can you help the device specification and all information what we need to setup this ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's possible to effectively bond two cable modems, probably not, but I have used two cable modems, same ISP, off the same router. I treated each as an Internet link. When routed out on both, equally, reply traffic returns on the link used for the outgoing traffic.

I.e. the forgoing treated the two Internet links, from the same ISP, as you might two Internet links from different ISPs.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's possible to effectively bond two cable modems, probably not, but I have used two cable modems, same ISP, off the same router. I treated each as an Internet link. When routed out on both, equally, reply traffic returns on the link used for the outgoing traffic.

I.e. the forgoing treated the two Internet links, from the same ISP, as you might two Internet links from different ISPs.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card