cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting ISP and internet server

JIAaaa
Level 1
Level 1

the objective in this project is to have all pc connected to the ISP and Internet server

however, i have a problem on connecting pc's to the isp and internet server, and the PC 0 cant go wagga router either

update :

now i can ping each router to each other, what left is the pc to isp and internet server, which is still failed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there is no routing configured between the routers. I removed all static routes and added EIGRP, you now have full connectivity.

Make sure that whether you use static routing or dynamic routing, all networks are reachable.

Attached the working config...(saved in PT version 8).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

there is no routing configured between the routers. I removed all static routes and added EIGRP, you now have full connectivity.

Make sure that whether you use static routing or dynamic routing, all networks are reachable.

Attached the working config...(saved in PT version 8).

thank you so much, but i would like to know why my static router and ripv2 is not working and EIGRP is working. do you mind to explain a little bit about it?

Hello,

your static routing and your RIP were incomplete. Static routing is tedious, as you have to add each remote network to each router, so it is better to use a dynamic routing protocol such as RIP or EIGRP or OSPF.

In RIP and EIGRP, the easiest way is to simply announce all networks:

router rip

version 2

network 0.0.0.0

router eigrp 1

network 0.0.0.0

no auto-summary

i see, thanks for the explanation!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card