Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Spare Routers

jtv250764
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community

I that my question would be worthy of asking here.

I am currently partaking with our self-study "Cisco Skills For All" and I need to ask this question, if it is the right place for me to question my query.

Is it possible for me to take spare routers that I have acquired from past ISP companies and create a network like an intranet with them?

I was looking for a community that got together at "NetaCad", but believe any help will come from our tutors, but now I have completed the NetaCad courses, found that moving to "Cisco Skills for All", all the support are automated which sometimes don't reflect some of the questions I would wish to ask.

I look forward to your replies

Yours sincerely

JT Valerie

Yours sincerely
JT Valerie
3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Either here of Cisco Learning Network are great places to ask you questions.

Regarding using old routers to build a small network, although a great tactile experience with hardware, you will get better mileage for you future studies if you look at simulators such as cisco Packet Tracer, or more preferable emulators like EVE-NG.

cheers,

Seb.

Hello Seb

Thank you for that instruction

I have at least 5 PT Versions, which are all wonderful, but I also have with these routers, a firewall, 3 layer 3 switches "Cisco Catalyst 3750 WS-C3750-48PS-S Port PoE Switch Lab", Laptops all in a 7"ft rack to practice with at home.

I would like to replicate my all that I am studying between PT and VMware with the hardware I have.

It is for safety reasons other than being a fire hazard I am asking, if it is possible to use these items!

Yours sincerely
JT Valerie

It's wonderful news to hear that I can ask questions here, though I have found that once I completed learning to use our wonderful PT, I have seemed to have elevated to the "Cisco Skills For All", I found it difficult to find a forum as this and assumed that I should be fully prepared to ask questions like this there.

So am so thankful that I have come here today and find that questions are answered in such realtime.

I did assume this forum may only accept customers who are in business level activities.

Thank you

Yours sincerely
JT Valerie
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card