Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller and interface

get_rthym
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone clarify me about controller and regular interface. I cannot see any good documentation on controller stuff.

Regards,

lek

4 Replies 4

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

Can you provide more info?  What kind of controller?

Ven Taylor

get_rthym
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ven,

Thank you for the respond.

So, i am controller like T1, serial , ethernet controller. you can do sh int ethernet to troubleshoot. But u also do sh controller ethernet or serial or t1. I dont understand where this controller come from  n what troubleshooting you can do with that. Is every router serial or ethernet have controllers or only some?

Regards,

lek

Hello gurus

After some reading, T1, E1 can configured on the router but router or switches without T1/E1 does show up while doing sh controller cmd.

What is this conteoller cmd for, which portion does it help us to troubleshoot , software or hardware?

Lek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This does allow you configure a subset of the 24 timeslots and use them  for some serial interface.You can have multiple serail links assigned to diffrent time slots. For example - you have 10 branch and one HQ so basically you can devide your bandwidth as per your requirement.

Controller configuration is something which you need to do as per your Telco they will confirm on which time slot you have signalling and then switch type and frame time comes in picture.

HQ----------E1/T1---------Telco (MUX) Location A-----------Telco (Mux) Location B------------- N number of Branch (Router)

Thanks

Ajay

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card