cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_INV_SPI causing outage between connections

Gambo8807
Level 1
Level 1

CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_INV_SPI: decaps: rec'd IPSEC packet has invalid spi for destaddr=x.x.x.10, prot=50, spi=0x12C68E18(315002392), srcaddr=x.x.x.9, input interface=GigabitEthernet0/0/5

Hello all,

This is the error we are currently battling. The link this issue is happing on is GigabitEthernet0/0/3. We have been trying to resolve this for some time now with no luck. When this happens, this problem is resolved by doing a "shut, not shut" on GigabitEthernet0/0/3, which fixes it immediately however, it occurs every 8-12 hours. We have tried the SPI recovery command, and it is still persistent. 

Things to note:

All configurations on both of the routers match (for IPSEC)

All timers match

We are using static routes for the entire network (requirement)

4 Replies 4

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have isakmp keepalives or DPD turned on?

Hello Dan,

Running through the commands I am not seeing this enabled, is this something that we have isakmp profiles to enable? Or is this a global command that we are able to use? Currently, we are not using profiles. 

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. 

If  you are using isakmp commands then you are using IKEv1 and this can be deployed from global config "crypto isakmp keepalive 10 2".  I would start by turning on keepalives and see if the problem persists or not.   place this command on each device that is running ikev1/ipsec.

Thanks for the info Dan, 

We tried that this morning and unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue at hand. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card