cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dark Fiber Link Between Nexus 7K and 4500-X Config

gillmc.522
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!!!  I would like to get some input on the best possible solution for connecting our new office to our data center via dark fiber.  Here is the situation and equipment involved (any input would be GREATLY appreciated):

Data Center:

Dual Nexus 7004's with VPC enabled/running

2 sup cards

1 Gbps card

10 Gbps card

Office:

Dual 4500-X with VSS enabled/running

Link:

Redundant Dark Fiber where provider is handing us two links at each location (one to each side of the ring)

What I was thinking about doing at the office is configure an ether-channel with one 10 Gbps SFP in each 4500-X, create a layer 3 vlan and put the 2 ether-channel ports into the vlan.  Then at the data center on the nexus 7K's, create a VPC, again with one 10 Gbps SFP in each 7004.  Create a layer 3 vlan and put the VPC into that VLAN.  Enable EIGRP on each side with the VLAN subnet in EIGRP 100 for example and that is really it.  That setup would give me 20 Gbps between the 2 locations.  This is the broad strokes of the setup but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas or tell me if I "left the rails" in my thinking.....

Thanks!

Mike

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: