Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay in Video/Voice applications

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have multiple sites connected to a single site thorugh p2p lease line circuits. Each site has 4 mb link connected to core site. I have created multilinks for all these sites. Now the problem is that in the case of video-conferencing , there is too much delay because there is also data usage and some other applications. Even I have deployed QOS on all the sites including core site to prioritise the video and voice but no results. according to my monitoring video/data is going through same path which is selected once because it follows per destination rule. My VCON is always connected at 384 kbps so there should be no delay. How can I reduce the delay  ??

Thanks

Taran

2 Replies 2

Hi Taran,

Do you see any dropped packets etc on your Qos polices. Can you possible paste the config of main site and also one of the affected sites .

Also, can you please paste in the sh policy-map interface x/y etc.

delays can also be caused by speed/duplex issues in the path, errors on interfaces etc as well.

Regards,

Kishore

HI ,

There is no drop , I checked in policy map several times. Actually , now its working fine , when there will be VCON, then i wll post the conf and we can judge about this psoblem.

Thanks

Taran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card