Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP RELAY

i have a problem on a dhcp relay. 

how can pc with vlans 34 37 42 and 46 can get IP on dhcp server?

vlans 3 5 9 and 14 can get IP on DHCP server because it is connected directly on L3 switch but PC not he right with vlans 34 37.42 and 46 cannot get ip/

i already enter IP helper address on all Distribution switches (e.g int vlan 34, IP HELPER ADD 192.168.1.5

all Distribution switches also in the right can ping the DHCP server w/c is 192.168.1.5

and i use EIGRP for routing 

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It would help if we had a better understanding of the topology of this network. Is the DHCP server on a Cisco device (if so which one) or is it a stand alone device? Where in the network is it? Some vlans are connected directly to the L3 where the DHCP is and some are not directly connected. What are they connected to? What is the path from those devices to the DHCP?

Here are a few things that you can do to provide information which might help us identify the issue:

- on one of the vlans which do not work with DHCP, if you manually configure a host with an appropriate IP address, mask, and gateway is that host able to ping 192.168.1.5?

- you tell us that some distribution switch can ping 192.168.1.5. By default the source address of that ping will be the IP of the outbound interface. On that switch do a ping to 192.168.1.5 and specify the source address as the IP of interface vlan 34. Does that ping work?

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card