Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between 7600-ES+4TG3CXL & WS-X6708-10G-3CXL

3alee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My client is going to deploy 10GE and they will purchase new modules and add them to Cisco 7604/7609 platform.

Should I propose 7600-ES+4TG3C or WS-X6704-10GE??  What are the main differences between those two modules?  Or what's the determining factor(s)??

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information  contained within this   posting without consideration and with the  reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability  or fitness for any  purpose.  Information provided is for informational  purposes only and  should not  be construed as rendering professional  advice of any kind.  Usage of  this posting's information is solely at  reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

The 67xx cards are LAN oriented cards, meaning they generally are weak on QoS features.  I haven't worked with the 7600-ES cards but I believe their QoS features are more featured.  If you expect managing congestion is important, the ES+ would be a better choice (although probably more expensive).

Thanks a lot!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card