Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable retransmissions under OSPF process

sina.naser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one

We have a Unifed Core in our network that connects to Campus, WAN, DC, .... With all these blocks we have separate OSPF PIDs. Sometimes neighbors are up/down in seconds in our network due to "too many retransmission". I want to disable this limitation with command "limit retransmissions non-dc disable" in the Unified Core. Does this command have any side effect on live network?

I appreciate any help

Tnx in advance

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to troubleshoot and identify the issue why the OSPF going up and down, is this only limited device peers all the peers.

how is your utilization on the network ? and post some information of the config and interface outputs for us to guide

for too many transmission you can use below guide to troubleshoot :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/open-shortest-path-first-ospf/119433-technote-ospf-00.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Tnx for your reply. I've Tshooted the problem with this document before. ALL MTU is 1500. The connection are 10G ethernet with no packet loss or CRC error. It's not a perpetual problem. this problem occurs once in month. each time in separate block. If I disable limitation in retransmission just for now Does we confront with any side effect?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card