Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Router Redundancy with GLBP

Duane Cleary
Spotlight
Spotlight

Folk,

Just looking for a hand,  my challenge is our single point of failure in our  branch offices is the router and we are looking to eliminate this.

Through reading it seems that a dual router configuration, with GLBP might be the best option.

At this point in a LAB i have 2 routers, with single gre tunnels working, and using vlan 1 for the internal corp network.  I have enabled GLBP on vlan1 but it does not seem to be working. 

Here is the vlan config

interface Vlan1

description Local LAN Connection

ip address 10.143.250.252 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly

ip tcp adjust-mss 1380

ip policy route-map clear-df

no autostate

glbp 1 ip 10.143.250.254

glbp 1 preempt

glbp 1 weighting 50

glbp 1 load-balancing weighted

glbp 1 authentication text empire95

Here is the GLBP output that I get from sh glbp br.  This looks exaclty the same on both sides.  I am able to ping the tunnel ip from each of the routers.

Interface   Grp  Fwd Pri State    Address         Active router   Standby router

Vl1         1    -   100 Active   10.143.250.254  local           unknown

Vl1         1    1   -   Active   0007.b400.0101  local           -

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

D

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why are you using glbp ?

Are looking for active standby solution ? If yes then you may use HSRP and use routing metrics or administrative distance to align path election over the mgre tunnels wiith the active HSRP

If you are looking for load balancing then glbp might be used but you will face asymmetrical routing issue

Hope this help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card