Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ISP Router w NAT/PAT and PBR

erosales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to configure a router to perform NAT/PAT and PBR. We will be using AT&T for web and print servers and will use TPAC for all other traffic. The router should still perform NAT/PAT in the event that one link goes down. The ASA will not do any NAT and will only filter traffic using ACLs.

The print services will need to be PATed, as they will only have 1 IP address:

26.1.1.1:9000  10.1.1.10:9000

26.1.1.1:9001  10.1.1.11:9000

26.1.1.1:9002  10.1.1.12:9000

26.1.1.1:9003  10.1.1.13:9000

Thanks in advance for all the help!

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Those public IPs are your assigned IPs. Are you exchanging that subnet with your ISPs? I mean, those IPs are from AT&T and if this link is going down, does traffic to those IPs are forwarded back to your through TPAC ISP? 

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

The IP is not shared with the ISP. This is the IP for a cloud based print service.

Hi

Ok you have those IPs but can't advertise them through the other ISP. Is my understanding good?

to access those print services are you using IP or DNS?

If you're using only IPs and no way from someone on internet to reach your network then you don't have solutions  

however if your using dns, you can have some dns failover and nat on your router like you're doing today but adding the other ISP public IP

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card