Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 / T1 Controller Counters

erikbragaccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I need some help with E1 counters. The company I work for has a cisco CUCM with two gateways, and each gateway with 4 E1 connections. I know cisco did a great job at documenting what each counter error represent, but I am knew so I dont have much experience in a real production enviroment. I need to know what is an acceptable amount of erros regarding each counter. Like slip secs, how many slip secs are acceptable? Just one? 10?  I know if I go to Ciscos website they will have a document that tells me what that error emans, but I want to be able to know when soemthing is out the ordinary. Last week I recieved some complaints about calls that went out through the PSTN which uses the E1. When I checked the E1 counters it had 1 slip secs, so can I assume that 1 slip secs is enought to tell me that something is wrong and I need to do something about it? Same goes for the other counters.

E1 0/1/1 is up.

Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

Description: ***************

No alarms detected.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20090113, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0

Framing is NO-CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (834 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 24 hours)

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

2 Replies 2

If the only thing you saw was 1 slip second, that is not going to be a problem, were there no other counters in the last 24 hour period?

If you are just using voice then you can live with slip seconds incrementing. It is a different story for Faxing incrementing slip seconds will give you Fax errors.

If all counters are zero, then look somewhere else for you problem.

Thanks for the quick response. I still want to know about the other counters. Also do you know the command to clear the e1 counter. I know i can clear all counters with "clear counters " command, but I need the command that clears only the e1 counters.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card