Views
Helpful
Replies

Electrical Safety of Cisco ISR4431/K9 under Australian Law

FatFluffyDuck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to verify the electrical safety of the Cisco ISR4431 Integrated Services Router.

The router has been manufactured and certified to AS/NZS 60950.1:2011, however I am trying to bridge the gap between that standard and AS/NZS 62368.1:2022. Is anyone aware if Cisco has conducted additional testing of their products or gotten additional approvals from some authority that their product is considered safe for sale under Australian law? And if so, which authority that would be?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout : https://cae-cnc-prd.cisco.com/pdtcnc

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that only provides me the above attached certificate of compliance to AS/NZS 60950.1:2011.

Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information for Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers - Cisco

last Updated:December 19, 2016  =>> there is no 2022 document published

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately that link just looks like a number of warning labels you'd find in the packaged materials. There does not seem to be any reference to either AS/NZS 62368.1 or IEC 62368-1, nor AS/NZS 60950.1. 

At this point I believe I'll need to contact the OTR for resolution on this issue. Thank you all for the help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card