Views
Helpful
Replies

enterprise IOS with 2921 series

surajgovindan1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a plan to replace the old outers which are EOL/EOS and i configured the new routers(2921) and modules in Cisco configurator, But i'm stuck with IOS feature set.Old routers are running with IS-IS Protocol, which IOS feature i need to select under 2921 to get the IS IS feature.

Please give your suggestions, will rate all the responses.

Best Regards,

BS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Suraj,

The Cisco Feature Navigator at http://cisco.com/go/fn is a very helpful tools for these issues. You can proceed using the Search by Feature mode in which you select first the features you want to have present in your IOS, and on the next page, you subsequently select your platform for which you are looking.

In particular, the search for the ISIS keyword for 2921 IOSes produced results that show that the ISIS is present in the IP BASE license and hence should be available also in every other license that is activated on top of the IP BASE.

By the way, I am very happy to know you run IS-IS, one of my favourite routing protocols

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Suraj,

The Cisco Feature Navigator at http://cisco.com/go/fn is a very helpful tools for these issues. You can proceed using the Search by Feature mode in which you select first the features you want to have present in your IOS, and on the next page, you subsequently select your platform for which you are looking.

In particular, the search for the ISIS keyword for 2921 IOSes produced results that show that the ISIS is present in the IP BASE license and hence should be available also in every other license that is activated on top of the IP BASE.

By the way, I am very happy to know you run IS-IS, one of my favourite routing protocols

Best regards,

Peter

Dear Mr.Peter,

Thank you for the guidance. I will search in the link too.

Best Regards,

Suraj.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card