cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP NAT in cisco 1841

Bikas Giri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there the possibility of  static outside nat. I mean to say outside nat from FA0/1 to cisco.com only, outside nat from FA0/2 to hotmail.com only and FA0/3 to rest or do we have to control this from extended access-list.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Bikas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Even if you were to perform ip nat outside, which is not needed per your requirement, you still need a static route to point towards the destination.

What are the requirements to meet this task and why ip route is not feasible? You can use PBR if you aren't allow static routing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

Bikas,

Could you explain this in detail? I am not sure what you are asking.

Regards,

Amit

Please assume that I have got 1841 router with 4 interfaces. FA0/0 connected to LAN, FA0/1 connected to ADSL, FA0/2 and FA0/3 connected to ISP. Now, I want to route cisco.com from fa0/1 hotmail.com from fa0/2 and rest of internet through fa0/3. We can do it through ip route command but I just want to know that is it possible for outside nat to cisco.com from fa0/1 only, hotmail.com from fa0/2 only and rest from fa0/3. (THROUGH NATTING ONLY), Is it possible or not.

- Bikas

Even if you were to perform ip nat outside, which is not needed per your requirement, you still need a static route to point towards the destination.

What are the requirements to meet this task and why ip route is not feasible? You can use PBR if you aren't allow static routing.

Actually I am trying this

ip nat inside source list 10 int fa0/1 overload

ip nat inside source list 10 int fa0/2 overload

ip nat inside source list 10 int fa0/3 overload

and try for PBR

I would like to ask more,

1. Do I need to NAT to access 10.248.80.50 from 172.16.3.100 computer.

2. Is there a different defination of private internet address for cisco router ? A, B & C class network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card