cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

File System Flash0: is unavailable

Thomas Ossman
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a 2951 router the other day that came with a 4GB flash card.  I can copy to and from the card, but I can't seem to set the system to boot from it.  Everytime I issue the command "boot config flash0:/startup-config" in the from the global configuration prompt I get a response that says "File System Flash0: is unavailable.  I formated the card and tried again and got the same response.  I spent most of the day yesterday googling for anything, but can't seem to find any documentation on that response.  Has anyone else seen this before?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thomas

Did you format the card on a PC or on the router? You tell us that you could copy to and from the card - is this on the router that you are doing the copy?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I am sure you must have tried configuring command by keeping startup-config file at root dir.  Adding reply just to notify possibility.

"boot config flash:startup-config'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/command/reference/frf007.html#wp1027545

-Subhash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card