cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Final project about MPLS

Divad89ster
Level 1
Level 1

I'm about to write my final project, and I've decided it should be about implementing MPLS in a corporate network.

But here's the catch, is it possible to configure a MPLS network, not in the providers backbone, but in the intra-network for the company? And then setup a VPN-connection between the two sites of the company?

And I would be using GNS3 for simulating the network.

Thanks in advance

---

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

My reply may be bit late, But yes, You can achieve you goal with GNS3,

Please note you can

2 simple LAN type networks to emulate sites of the company, use OSPF kind of dynamic routing protocol for practice...

Provider network, Use BGP as protocol and enable label switching on that. redistribute OSPF to BGP and from BGP to OSPF at the both end.

You don't have to setting up VPN-connection between the two sites of the company if you use MPLS VPN. Once I have done similar excise according to the kith barker's you tube and cbt nuggets videos.

Please let me know if you further help such as commands. 

Kind regards

Niluka

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi David,

My reply may be bit late, But yes, You can achieve you goal with GNS3,

Please note you can

2 simple LAN type networks to emulate sites of the company, use OSPF kind of dynamic routing protocol for practice...

Provider network, Use BGP as protocol and enable label switching on that. redistribute OSPF to BGP and from BGP to OSPF at the both end.

You don't have to setting up VPN-connection between the two sites of the company if you use MPLS VPN. Once I have done similar excise according to the kith barker's you tube and cbt nuggets videos.

Please let me know if you further help such as commands. 

Kind regards

Niluka

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card