cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Update RV320

PantheraOnca
Level 1
Level 1

During update of my RV320 from Firmware - Version 1.0.1.17 to 1.1.0.9, I get the message "critical failure. contact support".

Need help as I do not know how to go on. Shall I reboot the router or do I get more problems then ?

Can I go back to my (backed up) oder firmware ?

2 Replies 2

Pandabrain
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem.

Here is what I experienced:

As i got the message (in the background of the website) the foreground still told me "upgrading firmware". Since the DIAG LED was blinking (indicates that firmware update is in progress) i thought it's still upgrading but after 10 minutes i tried to reload the page. (WAN connections worked while this was happening) After the restart, the router behaved like nothing ever happened. I restarted the device to get the DIAG LED to stop blinking. On the download website for the firmware also was the version 1.0.2.03 available. So i thought i might need to upgrade to this version first and to 1.1.0.9 afterwards.

I don't know if a second attempt with a direct upgrade to 1.1.0.9 would have worked, but done as i said it worked.

I hope this helps someone.

hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. I finally called cisco small business support and they told me to restart the router and upload firmware upgrade again. As I did so, it all worked, I just was unsure what to do so I took the safe way to call the support in case a reboote might fail and leave my router without funktion.

Regards

Volker

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card