Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexible NetFlow V.9

eandrcisco007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gentlemen,

I am trying to edit/modify the current configuration of Flexible Netflow V. 9 on an ISR 4400 flow record to add “match interface input” and “match interface output” as well as “collect flow direction” but I am unable to disable nor stop the Netflow for editing and it keeps bouncing below message:

% Flow Record: Flow Record is in use. Remove from all clients before editing.!!

FYI> We have configured the Flex Netflow V.9 on the router but for some reason the collector is unable to see the packets and apparently the flow record is missing above mentioned configuration to make it work.

Would anyone be kind and update if there is command to stop the Netflow just for a few minutes and for troubleshooting purposes? I have tried several options to stop or disable it but none worked!!

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's starnge maybe you hit a bug as I just tested mine and flows stopped as soon as I removed it from interfaces on switch , that's the way to do it , you could just copy and paste it onto notepad alter it and then remove current and re-apply whole lot

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fnetflow/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/fnf-xe-3s-asr1000-book/use-fnflow-redce-cpu.html

Note

You must use the no ip flow monitor command to remove a flow monitor from all of the interfaces to which you have applied it before you can modify the parameters for the record command on the flow monitor.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi to stop the flow you need to remove it from all the applied interface first --no ip flow monitor

Hi Mark,

I have already tried that with no ip flow monitor netflow input and the interface currently doesn't have any configuration in this regard but it still gives me the same error message when I try to modify flow record!! it drives me nuts... !!

That's starnge maybe you hit a bug as I just tested mine and flows stopped as soon as I removed it from interfaces on switch , that's the way to do it , you could just copy and paste it onto notepad alter it and then remove current and re-apply whole lot

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fnetflow/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/fnf-xe-3s-asr1000-book/use-fnflow-redce-cpu.html

Note

You must use the no ip flow monitor command to remove a flow monitor from all of the interfaces to which you have applied it before you can modify the parameters for the record command on the flow monitor.

T.Stavropoulos1
Level 1
Level 1

I hit a similar issue on a 3850, i found the issue was that although the record was removed from all interfaces i still had configured that flow record under my flow monitor. After removing the Record_1 from my Monitor_1, i was good to go.

Example:

flow record Record_1

match ipv4 protocol
match ipv4 source address
match ipv4 destination address

flow monitor Monitor_1
exporter Exporter_1
cache timeout active 60
no record Record_1

I had no interfaces configured for NETFLOW and still was getting an error. I had to remove FLOW commands in certain sequence:

no flow monitor SW-Monitor-2
no flow record platform-original
no Flow Exporter SW-Export-2

This worked for Me, THANKS!

Singh29
Level 1
Level 1

The easiest way to remove flow control on the Nexus platform is  enable and disable the NetFlow feature.

Nexus(config)# no feature netflow

Nexus(config)# feature netflow

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card