Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame relay bounded T1 co figuration help

We have frame relay T1 circuit at one of our remote site. Which is connected to our core frame relay router which have DS3 circuit.

Now we bought second T1 line at remote site and now I have to configure Bounded T1 with Cisco 1921 router.

Can some one provide me good config  example or document on how to configure frame relay bounded T1 ?

Thank you,

Nilay

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nilay,

Are you perhaps talking about bonded (i.e. not bounded) T1? Do you want to bundle these T1's into one channel?

You  can use PPP over FR, and configure Multilink PPP to bundle the  Frame Relay lines together. On each site, both Frame Relay lines (or  PVCs) have to be terminated at the same router. This would be a  configuration example for one endpoint:

interface Serial1/0

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

frame-relay traffic-shaping

frame-relay interface-dlci 101 ppp Virtual-Template1

frame-relay interface-dlci 303 ppp Virtual-Template2

no ip address

no shutdown

!

interface Virtual-Template1

no ip address

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

!

interface Virtual-Template2

no ip address

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

!

interface Multilink1

ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

In this configuration, two Frame Relay PVCs identifies by DLCIs 101 and 303 are being terminated at a single router. It does not matter whether they are terminated on a single Serial interface of if several Serial interfaces are used. Each of these DLCIs is configured to be a container for a PPP session. Corresponding Virtual-Template interfaces that hold template configuration for the respective PPP session are simply configured with PPP multilink, and all IP-related configuration is perfomed on the Multilink1 interface that is the terminating interface of the bundled PPP session.

It is necessary to activate Frame Relay traffic shaping on the Frame Relay interface to support Multilink PPP.

Would this perhaps be helfpul?

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card