cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

frame-relay traffic-shaping

paltel
Level 1
Level 1

I have F.R E1 with DLCIs configured for customers, i will deploy FRTS for some customers, i created map class with service-policy output test inside it. When frame-relay traffic-shaping command applied at the main interface all the customers infected and i notice that the bandwidth decreased for all the DLCIs at this E1 by 1/3, why?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

keep in mind that, when enabling FRTS on the main interface, all DLCI's will default to 56K, this is default behaviour. You can see the default values in use when you issue the command 'show traffic-shape'.

You need to apply the classes under the DLCI's instead of the main interface, or use subinterfaces.

So, your configuration should look like this:

interface Serial0

frame-relay traffic-shaping

frame-relay interface-dlci 302

class DLCI_302

or like this (when subinterfaces are being used):

interface Serial0.1 point-to-point

frame-relay interface-dlci 302

class DLCI_302

HTH,

GP

This a good information, i'm QoS certified and this is the first time i know that when you apply frame-relay traffic-shaping at the main interface all the DLCIs will be 56kbps.

I know that i can do it under each DLCI, but i saw a document in Cisco which talks that in order to configure FRTS you must enable this command first at the main interface and then configure each DLCI.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card