Views
Helpful
Replies

Framed-IPv6-Prefix on negotiated CPE device

CliveAllen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a working IPv4, end-to-end RADIUS, LNS and LAC to CPE solution. The radius server supplies the IP address as I expect. What I am having problems with is the IPv6 side of things. From a RADIUS perspective are the requirements:

Framed-IPv6-Address

Framed-IPv6-Prefix

Or just the prefix?

With regards to the CPE, I cannot see an acceptance via IPCP of the IPv6 address being assigned by the radius although an "accept" packet is sent with the IPv6 Prefix. here is my basic config on the CPE... Please let me know what I am missing:

ip cef

ipv6 unicast-routing

interface Serial0/0
 ip address negotiated
 encapsulation ppp
 ipv6 enable
 clock rate 2000000
 ppp pap sent-username testuser@network.com password 0 testing123

ip default-gateway 10.10.10.1
ip forward-protocol nd
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0
no ip http server
no ip http secure-server
no cdp run
ipv6 route ::/0 Serial0/0

I am sure there is something missing here but I am not sure what it is. I am going to complete a wireshark trace between the LNS and the LAC to ensure that the packets are exiting as they should be.

Please tell me if the configuration on the CPE is correct for receiving IPv6 Framed Prefix from the RADIUS?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

CliveAllen
Level 1
Level 1
Has anyone seen this issue or is there something wrong with the configuration please?

Basically the RADIUS is issuing the IPv4 correctly and the CPE (Cisco 1841 for test purposes) receives the correct address. I have also tested the LNS Pool for if the RADIUS fails and this also works for IPv4. What I cannot get to work correctly is the IPv6. So, when I complete a Wireshark trace between the LNS and the LAC I see the packets from the RADIUS going over the link but there is no IPv6 address assigned. When I type "show ipv6 int brief" I see the eui-64 address but not the RADIUS assigned address. In the debug for the RADIUS I see the address being assigned with the access-accept packet.

Is the config I have above enough for IPv6 to operate correctly please?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card