cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full BGP Table into VRF on PE Routers

paolo_carbone
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Juniper MX5 routers which connect with 2 ME3600 in an MPLS ring. They all run as PE routers as I currenlty do not have a requirement for separate P routers.

I plan to have the full BGP internet table imported into an Internet VRF in each MX5 and then advertise a default route only to the internet VRF (route-target 65000:1000) in each ME3600 (only supports 20000 routes I believe).

The 2 MX5s need to exchange the full table so I was planning to use a different route-target (65000:1001) which they only import and export.

The question I have is relating to the VPNV4 tables in the ME3600s - if do "show ip bgp vpv4 all" then I see the 65000:1001 routes (just using a small number of test routes at the moment). These routes are not imported into the Internet VRF IPv4 table but I am concerned that the whole internet table is going to be showing int the VPNV4 table.

Is there anyone who could advise if this is a problem, and if so the best way to overcome the problem?

Many thanks

Paolo

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I do not get anywhere with that link - what is it?!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card