Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP

apell0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Pretty new to GLBP and i am trying to setup a test lab of 3 different rtr's to test a multicasting issue,. I have a:

3560E(universalK9), version 12.2

3750E (universal) version 12.2

2800 rtr. ( advipservicesk9) version 12.2

in conf t | int gig0/1 | i type in glbp 1 ip x.x.x.x but all three come back saying no

What IOS/Image/version do i need to run/have  to support GLBP?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

AP

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I don't know if any 3560/3750 supports GLBP.  I believe none of the 12.2 train does; don't know about 15.x.

The 2800 does support GLBP, but don't recall what IOS it came out in.  Recall it works in 12.4, but in might be in something earlier.  I know I've used it on 2800 before 15.x.

Do you access to Cisco's feature navigator?

Thanks Joseph,

Much appreciated.

I know one of our routers supports GLBP and thats V15, so that must be the way to go.

I've tried emulating this in GNS3 but our configs don't support it. So i'll get one of those sorted. I dont think upgrading the Layer 3 switches is economical so i'll GNS 3 it.

Cisco's feature navigator i am just on it now searching away.

Cheers for the help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card