Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE peformance on ISR G2 Router

Russ Kwong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear member,

I have a customer will running about 150 GRE tunnels without IPsec in Hub site and 25M WAN circuit. It is using Cisco 2811 and CPU in high loading, I would like to replace the it, but I  can't find any information about ISR G2 with GRE performance. Seem running GRE will use CPU cycle on the ISR G2 that different with IPsec. Any information or datasheet on ISR G2 with GRE performance?

Regards

Russ

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I haven't seen a datasheet for ISR G2 GRE performance, but it's likely it will roughly scale compared to your 2811.  I.e. compare your 2811's rated PPS with the ISR G2's PPS of interest.

Thanks for answer and suggestion, one of the factor is PPS ... an other is CPU.. seem 150 GREs (without IPsec) and 25M WAN link can draw a lot of CPU....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card