Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HDLC debug output not available after IOS 15.7 upgrade

I recently upgraded my 2951 Router from IOS 15.4 to 15.7.  Before the upgrade, I woud type

debug serial int

to get the HDLC debug output

and I would get the following debug output

HDLC myseq 6, mineseen 6*, yourseen 7, line up

Now, after the upgrade, I can't get those debug messages anymore.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It wasn't a problem, specifically, with the debugging system.

It turns out, that in upgrading to the newer version of the firmware, the ignore-dcd setting became unset at some point. I need to ignore that signal, because there is inline crypto that brings the interface down until it has re-synchronized with it's peer. Once I set that to true, the keepalive messages began to run continuously as expected.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

is it possible that the default encapsulation on serial interfaces has changed from HDLC to PPP in that release ?

It wasn't a problem, specifically, with the debugging system.

It turns out, that in upgrading to the newer version of the firmware, the ignore-dcd setting became unset at some point. I need to ignore that signal, because there is inline crypto that brings the interface down until it has re-synchronized with it's peer. Once I set that to true, the keepalive messages began to run continuously as expected.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card