Helpful
Replies

Help on Drawing Network Diagram in Packet Tracer

xmakina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sirs

Good day.

May I request your assistance please ? I am studying networking and came across a diagram which looks like this in the book.

However, I do not know what the vertical lines mean nor how to represent it in Packet Tracer.

Looking forward to being enlightened.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtIGb3rDudfyi1dbeFjVyIL_IR2u?e=gx4mGu

HowToDrawInPacketTracer.png

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

xmakina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

it looks like the vertical lines just mean that the interfaces are all in the same subnet. Do you have a link to the accompanying text in that book ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

it looks like the vertical lines just mean that the interfaces are all in the same subnet. Do you have a link to the accompanying text in that book ?

Hello Georg,

I think you are right. It says the 4x routers are connected in the same subnet.

OSPF.jpg

Please excuse for my probably funny follow up question:

Does this mean I should have 1x switch in Packet Tracer and connect all 4x routers into it to make them part of the same subnet ?

In a real world scenario, does this really happen, like using a switch to connect multiple routers to put router interfaces in a single subnet ?

Does this make sense in a real world scenario (4x routers being connected by a single switch) ?

RoutersConnectedByASwitch.png

Thank you so much for your reply and patience.

Warm regards,

X-makina

manojd1105
Level 1
Level 1

+91 99442 21956

ping me un whatsapp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card