cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with half configured frame relay network.

V3teran75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a problem in my network regarding a backup router, i have configured the frame relay successfully using sub interface method on 2 other routers and they ping each other fine. I cannot get the backup router to ping and i cannot get the server 5 to ping the rest of the network.

Below is what i have been tasked to do and i really could do with some help as im now stuck after trying unsuccessfully

Step 2.  ISP B Backup Configuration

On ISP B, configure a static route to the LAN on REMOTE.

On ISP B, configure a static route to the EDGE WAN .

On EDGE, configure a floating static route with an AD=130 to the LAN on REMOTE via ISP B.

On REMOTE, configure a floating default route with an AD=130 to EDGE via ISP B.

On EDGE, the floating static route should not be visible in its routing table. Troubleshoot if necessary.

Capture.PNG

Edge Router and Remote Router i have setup on a subinterface and they work ok using frame relay through the cloud. I only configured the frame relay subinterfaces on se0/2/0 and se0/0/0.

I cannot ping the ISP B backup from the remote or edge router. The server 5 is able to ping the remote router but is unsuccessful pinging anywere else. What do i need to do  it says something about a static route above? Am i not meant to be able to ping the ISP B Backup?

The IP addresses for the Edge router is

edge.PNG

fa00.PNG

The IP adressses for the remote router is

remote.PNG

remote fa01.PNG

The IP addresses for the ISP backup b Router is

backup fa00.PNG

backup fa01.PNG

I have also uploaded my packet tracer file, please help in any way that you can.

Regards

Paul

2 Replies 2

V3teran75
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

Its ok i figured it out, i had to use RIPv2 protocol from the Gui as well as the IOS. I also had to add the 172.18.0.0 network to the router.

All is working fine now.;)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card