Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostname

yavuz.ozdemir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3640 router, when I want change the name of my router I have the following message :

% Hostname "CPE-TEST--LLA-01" is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_90A8C0" , could you explain me what is it means? thanks in advance;

Yavuz

5 Replies 5

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Hi,

Are youconfiguring same host name that is already used?

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I found this:

% Hostname contains one or more illegal characters.

% Hostname is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_XX"

Try doing "hostname router", then performing desired command. Workaround says to restore hostname to original value.

No, this is a new config. without other hostname.

The original value is router!

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local Area Transport (LAT) protocol is the protocol used most often to connect terminals to DEC hosts.

The LAT protocol is similar to TCP/IP's Telnet protocol in that it allows a user at one site to establish a connection to a host at another site, then passes the keystrokes from one system to the other. A user can establish a LAT connection through the terminal server to a DEC host, simply by entering the host name.

It sounds like the IOS you are running, has terminal services features.

To read more about LAT, see:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/54006.htm

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

I suppose what slidersv meant was provide the hostname as "routernew" then again change it to the deisred one. If you still face the same problem try using underscore "_" instead of hyphen "-".

HTH

Kindly rate all the posts if its helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco