Level 1
Level 1

Pls provide commands

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

4 Replies 4

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which protocol are you using and which one do you want to change to? Also please provide the configuration for the routing protocol you want to change if you want further assistance.

Simple routing protocol configuration is easy to migrate

e.g. if you have EIGRP and you want to change to OSPF:

Before:

router eigrp 100

network x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

After

router ospf 1

network x.x.x.x x.x.x.x area Y

Likewise with RIP too

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Bilai,

Your example would result in changing the routing protocol - however it wouldn't provide a way to validate your new routing protocol before allowing it in production.

Running a dual routing protocol and manipulating the admin distance for protocol migration is less intrusive way and provides againist config mistakes and an easy way to backout your changes if required without losing connection.

The down side would be memory/cpu utiliastion of the router/switch

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul, I fully know this and this is why I had asked and queried about it to gain more of an understanding of the current topology.

There's not a mention of a production environment and just to re-iterate that it was just basic bare bone config. (I know there's a lot more to it)
As an example yourself and I have provided what it would look like in the configuration, this is the most we can suggest without any further information.

And if any changes were to be made in a production environment, they should be made out of hours for sure :-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hello

For igp's

eg.
from rip to eigrp

router rip

network x.x.x

router eigrp

distance  eigrp 121 170

network xxxx

when you ready just remove the distance command the  eigrp routes will take precedence

or

router rip

distance  89

network x.x.x

router eigrp

network xxxx

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card