Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect to cisco 1941w router

I received my first Cisco router yesterday. Today I tried to connect. It connected to CPP at first. Since the wireless is so difficult to configure, it wasn't too long (10 minutes, maybe) before I realized I has already made a mistake. Not knowing how to correct it, I decided I'd erase and start with the config that comes from the factory. Nope. That was, APPARENTLY, a far worse idea. Now I can't connect to it in any way shape form or fashion.

My machine does not have a serial connection. The router obviously has no IP Address on any interface. I can probably scrounge up an old school USB cable that has the proper ends on it but even if I did, I do not know how to connect it. Well, I know how to connect it, just not use it. I have Putty but it only has serial as an option.

So if I connect the proper USB cable from my machine to the 1941W router, how do I pull up the command line? What program do I use and what settings does it need?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Since I can't get any help and the product does not come with any documentation or cables, I'm just returning it to get a real working device that comes with documentation and cables to support it. SonicWall from now on. More interfaces at 1/2 the price too.

I just don't understand Cisco's complete lack of support for its own products. Why leave potentially new, potentially life-long customers, why leave them to hang out and dry? Makes no sense from any perspective I try to think of. Just bad PR. smh

Probably to late but heres the Cisco 1941W support page: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/1941w-integrated-services-router-isr/model.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card