cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to do a 2801 router with IOS (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(12), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) support IPv6?

Puentesromleo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router cisco 2801 with IOS version:

Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(12), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 17-Nov-06 12:37 by prod_rel_team

what is the best way in which i can do the router support IPv6?
- an upgrade of the actual IOS? Which one is the best option ?
- Or it is necesary to change the IOS?

The router has:

191K bytes of NVRAM.
62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

pauleem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leonardo,

I believe you will need to upgrade to an IOS with "advanced ip services" feature set to enable IPv6 support. You currently only have "sp services" feature set.

Paul

Thank you pauleem1.

I'm looking for the appropriate versión and i have found the "c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25e" ios

Is this an appropriate IOS?

Hi Leonardo,

"Is this an appropriate IOS?"

No one can really answer that but yourself, as we do not know your network, device configuration and how you are using the equipment etc.

What I normally recommend to people, is that you review the release notes for the IOS you have downloaded, and ensure you are aware of the open caveats that may or may not effect your device. Then typically runnning it in a test environment to ensure it is OK and meeting your needs, or if need be, roll it out to a small production site, and continue to monitor the device health (log file, processor useage, memory usage etc), and ensure you are happy with the release.

Paul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card