Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get logs in ASR 9k

Hi,

Can you please let me know that how we can check the BGP, sub-interface and VRF logs in ASR 9k router.
Also where the logs gets stored and how can these logs can be copied to remote location.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Krishna Reddy Malem,

The logs are stored in memory and you should sent them to a remote syslog server. They are typically stored in memory, and the router may have limited storage capacity for logs. The logs are accessible through the CLI. 

To archive logs and send them to a remote location, you can set up a syslog server for log collection. The remote syslog server will collect and store logs as configured. 

logging x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your syslog server)
logging trap <severity_level> (specify the log severity level)

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

The logs are stored in memory and you should sent them to a remote syslog server. They are typically stored in memory, and the router may have limited storage capacity for logs. The logs are accessible through the CLI. 

To archive logs and send them to a remote location, you can set up a syslog server for log collection. The remote syslog server will collect and store logs as configured. 

logging x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your syslog server)
logging trap <severity_level> (specify the log severity level)

Best regards

Thanks.
I have setup the syslog server and followed the above steps and able to see logs(tried deleting the VRF and saw one entry in log file).
Can you please let me know how we can see all the logs, for example:
ERROR logs, faulty Hardware messages, high usage of CPU and memory messages, core dumps, configurations messages etc.
Thanks in advance.

What level of log (severity) do you configure ?

Best regards

Below one I have configured as of now:
logging trap errors

OK @rajangahlout 

Try logging trap notification 

Screenshot_20231102_094241.jpg

Best regards

ayodejiadeyemi
Level 1
Level 1

Question says "how we can check the BGP, sub-interface and VRF logs in ASR 9k router" Meaning, how can he check archive logs on ASR9k ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card