cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to make Vlans talk to each other on two separate network? Vlan 10 and Vlan 20

jamesidk41403
Level 1
Level 1

Im doing this from a packet tracer. I uploaded my packet tracer. Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the routing on your routers is incorrect. You have several options:

Static default route on both routers:

Router2

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.170.1.2

Router3

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.170.1.1

or (on both routers):

router rip
version 2
network 0.0.0.0

or

router eigrp 1
network 0.0.0.0

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

the routing on your routers is incorrect. You have several options:

Static default route on both routers:

Router2

Router3

or (on both routers):

router rip
version 2
network 0.0.0.0

or

router eigrp 1
network 0.0.0.0

thanks computers are now talking to each other. how come the phones cant call each other?

Hello

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Router2

Router3

I would not advise the above, Having default routes pointing directly to each other is asking for trouble, If this was on a production site it could cause a lot of issues basically what you are doing here is introducing a routing loop.

If any host from either side trys to reach a network that its local rtr isnt aware of then the rtrs will push it towards their own default nexthop so then they will continually send it to each other thus a loop is created.

@jamesidk41403  As for you topology you have the same subnets running on both rtrs which isn't applicable

Using RIP is okay but suggest disable auto summerization  and use version 2 rip and remove the above default routes.

See the  revised PT file (attached)

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

thank you. it worked. sorry for the late reply was busy

thanks

The phones are talking ? You added the dial peers on both sides ?

yes i figured out i need to add dial-peers to them. thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: