cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pass multicast traffic from ISP to LAN on 7200VXR NPE-G1?

Flanger23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I've tried browsing the documentation, but it is vast and with my little knowledge of multicast world, hard to understand. Need to somehow pass multicast traffic to IPTV STB device on my LAN.

Here is a setup:

ISP PE (QinQ sub with ip pim sparse-mode) <-> Gi0/1.10 7206VXR Gi0/2.100 <-> 3750 <-> IPTV STB

Router is running IOS ver. 12.4(11)T.

When I check IGMP snooping groups on 3750, I see a group join from STB. How do I configure the router to pass this request to PE, so STB can get a stream?

2 Replies 2

ladopetrucci
Level 1
Level 1

(config)#ip multicast-routing
(config)#interface GigabitEthernet X
(config-if)#ip igmp unidirectional-link
(config-if)#ip igmp mroute-proxy GigabitEthernet X
(config-if)#ip igmp helper-address udl GigabitEthernet X

Hello

"How do I configure the router to pass this request to PE,"

You have enabled pim sparse mode on the rtr correct? If so IGMP is also enabled which should allow MC traffic to traverse its igmp/pim interface.

What mode of pim-sparse are you using - Dont forget you will need a RP to be specified or you could try to use pim-sparse-dense mode.

sh ip igmp groups
sh ip igmp interface Gi0/1.10 / Gi0/2.100

sh ip pim inter Gi0/1.10 / Gi0/2.100
sh ip pim neigbour
sh ip pim rp mapping
sh ip mroute

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card