Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup a Gaming VPN ?

Avi Rizal
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys ,

I am planning to setup a vpn for ping reduction . Which means that the majority of the VPN traffic will be internet and not lan .

Hence I had a thought of using 2 ISPs . One ISP provides good latency to the internet destination while other ISP provides good connectivity to all the internet users of all the ISPs in my country ( through peering )

My question is that can we use the 2nd ISP's internet to connect the user to the VPN server but use the 1st isp for accessing internet for the vpn clients . Is this possible ?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

with two ISPs, you could send traffic belonging to games (e.g. 3074) down one link, and remaining traffic (80/443) down the other. Is that what you are referring to ?

In simple , I want the users to connect to the VPN server by putting ISP 1's IP address but when they go to lets says whatismyip.com , they will see the public IP of ISP 2 .

Yes , one NIC will be used to access game server by the VPN clients and the other NIC will be used to relay the traffic from the vpn server to the clients . 

So .. i mean that :

Client Connects to VPN putting 1.1.1.1 as the server IP ==> But when accesing internet , the internet will go through NIC2 ( 2.2.2.2 ) . ( he will get 2.2.2.2 )

If this isnt rright then I willbe glad for assistance in creating a vpn with minimal ping and packet loss. Thank You

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card