cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSEC License and the 4000 series

Gavin Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone explain to me if adding on the HSEC license to the 4000 series increases the encrypted and unencrypted throughput on the 4321, 4331 and 4331 routers?

I have interpreted the below info from the FAQ to mean that the basic throughput is a specific value (X) with VPN throughput being significantly lower (Y). When you add the HSEC license the base forwarding throughput (X) increases as does the encrypted tunnel count and encrypted throughput (Y). Is my understanding correct?

"The Cisco 4000 Series has a performance-on-demand license to increase the base forwarding throughput with no hardware changes. Also present is the High Security (HSEC) license, which removes the curtailment enforced by the U.S. government export restrictions on the encrypted tunnel count and encrypted throughput. The HSECK9 license is a separately required license for a feature to have full crypto functionality. Without the HSECK9 license, only 225 secure tunnels and 85 Mbps of crypto bandwidth would be available."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/qa_c67-728261.html

15 Replies 15

richcomscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am looking for a bug related to the VPN stopping when theHASEC license is not installed, this can happen even when the speed of the data is not exceeding the 80Mbps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card