cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am facing problem with one core switch L3 and two L2 switches catalyst-2960. the problem is, when i connect any wireless nano

roohullamin1
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing problem with one core switch L3 and two L2 switches catalyst-2960. the problem is, when i connect any wireless nano router(it has own DHCP) to these L2 switches then any one connect his laptop to L2 switches catalyst-2960 via Ethernet port, the laptop is now receiving IP address from that nano wireless router instead of core switch DHCP server.(in this network there is no any VTP server or client, just DHCP and Vlan 1) 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sajid Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi roohullamin1,

This is a very basic issue that every LAN administrator face, just disable DHCP server from nano and cascade in existing scenario, now your laptop and other devices that are connected to network via nano will get IP address from Core Switch DHCP server.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

Sajid Ali Pathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Dhcp clients send broadcasts. If all dhcp servers are in the same vlan, whichever answers first will supply the address.  You can consider creating separate Vlans for wired and wireless or you could shrink the available addresses that each server can supply so that are no overlaps.

Yes it true what he said. Why are u doing that by the way? U can also enable dhcp snooping to prevent that.

Sajid Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi roohullamin1,

This is a very basic issue that every LAN administrator face, just disable DHCP server from nano and cascade in existing scenario, now your laptop and other devices that are connected to network via nano will get IP address from Core Switch DHCP server.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

Sajid Ali Pathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card