Views
Helpful
Replies

I need Advice for next step in career

dragonhunt9111
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts and friends,

I am now 35 years old, and I need some advices for career path.

I have been working professionally in the networking field for over 9 years, including 5 years of network deployment Routing, Switching for an ISP and 4 years as a network administrator for a securities company.

My income has been quite stable. However, I have noticed that the cybersecurity field offers much higher income opportunities.

Therefore, I would like to know which specific area of cybersecurity I should focus on in order to combine with my networking background. (My network background are a bit beyond CCNP level, wireshark, python coding, and operating firewalls : checkpoint, fortigate, palo alto) I think investing CCIE EI is not really useful for my case.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I don't know where you live and what type of opportunities you have in your country (regarding positions in networking), but my recommendation would be stay in your profession - networking engineer. Income should not be the first think, I think. You should, first of all, enjoy what you do. If income the first option, then go for DevOps.

But you can increase your knowledge on cloud technologies (like AWS, Azure). Cisco also has cool certification option from September 2023 (Cloud and SD-WAN mixed, I'll definitely go for it).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I don't know where you live and what type of opportunities you have in your country (regarding positions in networking), but my recommendation would be stay in your profession - networking engineer. Income should not be the first think, I think. You should, first of all, enjoy what you do. If income the first option, then go for DevOps.

But you can increase your knowledge on cloud technologies (like AWS, Azure). Cisco also has cool certification option from September 2023 (Cloud and SD-WAN mixed, I'll definitely go for it).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card