Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incomplete output of redirect show tech-support to tftp on Cisco 7609

Hi,

I need to redirect show tech-support output to a tftp server on a Cisco 7609 chassis for that I used the following command:

# show tech-support | redirect tftp://IP@/file.txt

But when I consult the tftp server I don't find the complete output of the show tech-support command, I only find the parts before the running config that's mean when the command starts to build to running-config the output is no longer redirected to the tftp server.

Any help please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for everyone for their suggestions. I have changed to a FTP server and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

try and set the terminal length to 0"

7609#terminal length 0

Which TFTP server software are you using ?

Yes I set the terminal length to 0 but It keep the same behaviour.

The tftp server that I am using is "tftp-hpa 5.2" for CentOS 7 machine

Hello,

changing the TFTP blocksize might help. The default is I think 512, change that to a higher value, e.g.:

7609(config)#ip tftp blocksize 1024

or even higher (2048/4096/8192).

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @AlaeddineJebnoun90723 ,

if you have telnet / SSH access to the Cat 7609 it is enough to use Putty client then after you open the session you go to "Change settings "and under window yo can put 2,000,000 of rows

At this point you can issue show tech-support and then you use right click of the mouse on the horizantal bar on the top and you choice "Copy all to clipboard"

At this point you can paste it in a text editor and save it with the desired name.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you for your reply but I need to redirect the output to a tftp server

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look at the logs of the tftp server, some types of tftp-servers may for instance not able to handle large outputs.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for everyone for their suggestions. I have changed to a FTP server and it works fine now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card