Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-VRF route leaking on secondary router is not working

Hi All,

I have two Edge routers (Primary and secondary) which are connected with AWS and AZURE cloud provider (eBGP connectivity) and respective VRFs (AWS and AZURE) are created on these routers. 

Problem: When I am doing inter-VRF route leaking between AWS and AZURE on Primary Router1, it is working fine and when I am doing inter-VRF route leaking between AWS and AZURE then AWS to AZURE it is working fine , but AZURE to AWS no route leaking is happening.

AWS Setup : in AWS VRF and Primary Router has local preference of 200 and secondary router with LP 100 and As-path prepend. AWS routes are learning on both routers are best routes.

AZURE Setup : in AZURE VRF and Primary Router has local preference of 200 and secondary router with LP 150 and As-path prepend. AZURE routes learning on Primary router through eBGP are best but on secondary router best routes are learning through IBGP in default VRF, not from eBGP. this is bit weird because ebgp has less AD than iBGP.

Because of this when I am trying to import AZURE routes to AWS VRF it is not importing as AZURE VRF routes are not best as compare to learning from  IBGP in default VRF.

Although I know the above reason of problem but dont know how to fix this like make the ebgp AZURE routes on secondary router preferred over  IBGP routes.

Regards,

Gurbinder

2 Replies 2

I don't full understand if you can draw topology that great.
BUT 
are the eBGP prefix next-hop reachable ?? 

you can config the weight for eBGP to be prefer than the iBGP prefix.

still need to see topology 

Hello

@MHM Cisco World wrote:

you can config the weight for eBGP to be prefer than the iBGP prefix.

Weight wouldn't be applicable when the rtrs are ebgp/ibgp peers, local preference would be more appropriate 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: